- WordPress 4.9.5 or higher
- A working ad tag from an ad server, in either VAST/VPAID or Google IMA format.
Download & Installation
- Download the plugin.
- From the WordPress Admin Panel, click on Plugins => Add New
- Click on Upload, so you can directly upload your plugin zip file.
- Use the browse button to select the plugin zip file that was downloaded, and then click on Install Now.
- Once installed, click “Activate”
Activating your License
You must activate your license to receive automatic upgrades for the plugin. You will have received a license key in your purchase receipt; copy the key to your clipboard, then go to “Video Monetize” menu from your WordPress Admin Panel and enter the key into the “License Key” field. Click “Save Changes” to add your License Key, then click “Activate License” button to activate your license.
Anytime a new version of the plugin is available, you will be notified of the update just like any other WordPress plugin.
Setup the plugin to show ads on your video content
From the “Video Monetize” menu, you can find several options to set up the advertisements. The options are,
This is enabled by default. You must check this option to show advertisements on your videos added using
This is the code you receive from your Ad network. Just add it here. Click here for a list of Ad Tag Variables (Macros) supported by the plugin.
WP Video Monetize use Google IMA SDK and it allows for additional Iframe configuration settings. VpaidMode can be configured as the following:
- disabled – VPAID ads will not play and an error will be returned if VPAID is requested.
- enabled – VPAID is enabled using a cross-domain Iframe. The VPAID ad cannot access the site. VPAID ads that depend on friendly Iframe access may not play.
Live Stream Ad Interval
Optional. Seconds after the next advertisement should be played on the live streaming player.
WP Video Monetize can show ads on your live streams. But, the standard WordPress
[video] shortcode doesn’t support live streams. You can use our free plugin WP Video Enhanced that extends the
[video] shortcode with the live streaming capability.
Google Publisher Tag (GPT)
Optional. Check this option if you use DoubleClick for Publishers ad network. So, we use the GPT library to display Companion Ads.
Some benefits of using “GPT” are:
- Companion slot awareness
- Companion backfill from the publisher’s network, if the VAST response contains fewer companion ads than there are defined slots on the HTML page
- Companion autofill if a video ad is missing
- Preloaded companion ad slots for click-to-play video players
- Automated companion rendering, including HTMLResource and iFrameResource
When you fill in the details and submit the form, the advertisements are automatically enabled on all the
[video] tags you use on your website. But, sometimes you may need to disable ads on some videos. The following section explains the steps to do this.
Disable ads on individual videos
Edit the video shortcode in which you want to disable ads and just add the attribute ads=”false”.
[video mp4="video.mp4" ads="false"]
Companion ads can be added either by using
[companion] shortcode or our “Companion Ad” widget. You just need to provide the width and height of your ad slot. That’s it. The plugin takes care of the rest. You can add up to 6 companion ads.
[companion width="350" height="250"]
Note: Your companion Ad will not show if you have not configured the “width” and “height” properties.
Using GPT library to show Companion Ads
When you enable Google Publisher Tag (GPT) option under the plugin settings, you must also need to add the ad unit path (Full path of the ad unit with the network code and unit code).
[companion width="350" height="250" ad_unit_path="/124319096/external/single_ad_samples"]