This is a Premium feature.
Go to Video Gallery / Settings from your WordPress admin panel. Select the “Monetize” tab, you can find several options to set up the advertisements. The options are,
This is enabled by default. You must check this option to show advertisements on your videos.
This is the code you receive from your Ad network. Just add it here. Click here for a list of Ad Tag Variables (Macros) supported by the plugin.
WP Video Monetize use Google IMA SDK and it allows for additional Iframe configuration settings. VpaidMode can be configured as the following:
- disabled – VPAID ads will not play and an error will be returned if VPAID is requested.
- enabled – VPAID is enabled using a cross-domain Iframe. The VPAID ad cannot access the site. VPAID ads that depend on friendly Iframe access may not play.
Google Publisher Tag (GPT)
Optional. Check this option if you use DoubleClick for Publishers ad network. So, we use the GPT library to display Companion Ads.
Some benefits of using “GPT” are:
- Companion slot awareness
- Companion backfill from the publisher’s network, if the VAST response contains fewer companion ads than there are defined slots on the HTML page
- Companion autofill if a video ad is missing
- Preloaded companion ad slots for click-to-play video players
- Automated companion rendering, including HTMLResource and iFrameResource
When you fill in the details and submit the form, the advertisements are automatically enabled on all the videos on your website.
Disable ads on individual videos
When you activate the plugin, it adds the option to disable ads on each individual video posts under the WordPress Admin Panel / Video Gallery menu.
To disable ads by the video shortcode, add
ads="false" in your shortcode.
[aiovg_video mp4="video.mp4" ads="false"]
Companion ads can be added either by using
[companion] shortcode or our “Companion Ad” widget. You just need to provide the width and height of your ad slot. That’s it. The plugin takes care of the rest. You can add up to 6 companion ads.
[companion width="350" height="250"]
Note: Your companion Ad will not show if you have not configured the “width” and “height” properties.
Using GPT library to show Companion Ads
When you enable Google Publisher Tag (GPT) option under the plugin settings, you must also need to add the ad unit path (Full path of the ad unit with the network code and unit code).
[companion width="350" height="250" ad_unit_path="/124319096/external/single_ad_samples"]