This tutorial page focuses on displaying videos on your site front-end. To follow this tutorial, you should have videos added under WordPress Admin Panel / Video Gallery / All Videos. Please check this link for step by step instructions to add your videos.
To show videos on your site front-end,
- Go to “WordPress Admin Panel / Pages”
- Click “Add New” or “Edit” open any existing page
Click the Video Player & Gallery button above the WP Editor
You should get a form similar to the screenshot attached below,
Select the “Shortcode Type” as “Videos”
- Fill in the other form details as you need.
- Click Insert Shortcode button.
- That’s it. Save the page.
You may see some of the parameters are not added to the shortcode after clicking the Insert Shortcode button. This is not a bug and to keep the shortcode simple, the builder will not add the parameters those values are equal to our WordPress Admin Panel / Video Gallery / Settings / Display settings. Settings under this page are considered as GLOBAL values and the options inside the shortcode builder just help you to override them per shortcode.
For any reason, if our shortcode builder didn’t work for you (or) If you’re a developer and want to use our shortcodes using the template tag inside your theme somewhere else, then the following section is for you.
Shortcode Parameters (Optional)
- category: Int – Category ID , setting this parameter allows to display videos by specific category.
- columns: Int – number of columns you like to have in your categories page.
- limit: Int – number of videos you like to show per page.
- user: Int – User ID , setting this parameter allows to display videos by selected user.
- featured: “1” or “0” – add “1” to show only the featured videos.
- orderby: Possible values are “title”, “date”, “views” or “rand”.
- order: Possible values are “asc” or “desc”.
- show_category: “1” or “0” – show or hide the category name.
- show_date: “1” or “0” – show or hide the video posted date.
- show_user: “1” or “0” – show or hide the WordPress username.
- show_views: “1” or “0” – show or hide the views count.
- show_duration: “1” or “0” – show or hide the video duration.
- show_excerpt: “1” or “0” – show or hide the video summary.
- show_pagination: “1” or “0” – show or hide the pagination.