This tutorial page focuses on displaying videos categories on your site front-end. To follow this tutorial, you should have categories under WordPress Admin Panel / Video Gallery / Categories.
To show video categories on your site front-end,
- Go to “WordPress Admin Panel / Pages”
- Click “Add New” or “Edit” open any existing page
Click the Video Player & Gallery button above the WP Editor
You should get a form similar to the screenshot attached below,
Select the “Shortcode Type” as “Categories”
- Fill in the other form details as you need.
- Click Insert Shortcode button.
- That’s it. Save the page.
The page you created will render content similar to the one from screenshot below.
You may see some of the parameters are not added to the shortcode after clicking the Insert Shortcode button. This is not a bug and to keep the shortcode simple, the builder will not add the parameters those values are equal to our WordPress Admin Panel / Video Gallery / Settings / Display settings. Settings under this page are considered as GLOBAL values and the options inside the shortcode builder just help you to override them per shortcode.
For any reason, if our shortcode builder didn’t work for you (or) If you’re a developer and want to use our shortcodes using the template tag
<?php do_shortcode('[aiovg_categories]'); ?> inside your theme somewhere else, then the following section is for you.
Shortcode Parameters ( Optional )
- id: Int – by default only the top level categories are displayed. Use this attribute to display sub categories of a specific category.
- columns: Int – number of columns you like to have in your categories page.
- orderby: Possible values are “id”, “count”, “name” or “slug”.
- order: Possible values are “asc” or “desc”.
- show_description: “1” or “0” – show or hide the category description.
- show_count: “1” or “0” – show or hide the videos count next to the category name.
- hide_empty: “1” or “0” – show or hide the categories with no videos.