This tutorial page assumes you’re using a shortcode based WP editor. Please refer to other integration options.
[aiovg_categories] shortcode, you can show video categories in your POST/PAGE.
- template: Accepted values are “grid” or “list”.
- id: Parent category ID. By default the shortcode will display only the top level categories. Use this attribute to display sub categories of a specific parent category.
- columns: Number of columns you like to have in your categories page. Accepted values are “1” to “12”.
- orderby: Accepted values are “id”, “count”, “name” or “slug”.
- order: Accepted values are “asc” or “desc”.
- show_description: “1” or “0” – Show/Hide the category description.
- show_count: “1” or “0” – Show/Hide the videos count next to the category name.
- hide_empty: “1” or “0” – Show/Hide the categories with no videos.
If you’re using the OLD classic WP Editor, then you can simply use our shortcode builder to add the categories.
- Go to “WordPress Admin Panel / Pages”
- Click “Add New” or “Edit” open any existing page
Click the Video Player & Gallery button above the WP Editor
You should get a form similar to the screenshot attached below,
Select the “Shortcode Type” as “Categories”
- Fill in the other form details as you need.
- Click Insert Shortcode button.
- That’s it. Save the page.
The page you created will render content similar to the one from screenshot below.
You may see some of the parameters are not added to the shortcode after clicking the Insert Shortcode button. This is not a bug and to keep the shortcode simple, the builder will not add the parameters those values are equal to our WordPress Admin Panel / Video Gallery / Settings / Display settings. Settings under this page are considered as GLOBAL values and the options inside the shortcode builder just help you to override them per shortcode.