Using the new “Automations” feature, you can bulk import videos from YouTube automatically.
Simply add your YouTube channel, playlist or a search keyword and schedule it. The plugin will do the work for you by auto importing videos from YouTube website. Each time a new video is uploaded there, it’ll be automatically imported to your site within the hour. You can also bulk import by adding a list of YouTube video URLs.
Follow the steps below to create your first automation source,
1. The first step is to create & configure your API key.
2. Then, go to Video Gallery / Automations menu from your WordPress Admin Panel.
3. Click Add New. The whole form is self-explanatory with clear instructions next to each field.
4. Configure Import Sources
5. Configure Video Post Settings
6. Click Test Run. This should open up a popup with the list of videos matching your source configuration.
7. Once confirming the sources are working correct, finally click the Publish & Import button. This should publish the form, import your first set of videos and auto schedule the form based on your “Schedule” input.
That’s it. Simple Huh!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there any limit in the imported videos count?
No. There is not any limit and you can import as many videos available in your imported video source. But, we do recommend batch processing when importing large number of videos.
Assume that you’re importing videos from a YouTube channel that has 1000+ videos. There is a batch setting that allows you to configure the maximum amount of videos imported per batch. It’s always recommended to keep the batch size less than 500 (Recommended 200) and set the “Schedule” input to “Every 1 Hour”. This way your videos are not imported at once and the plugin will split the videos into several batches and auto import them periodically.
2. Can I verify the auto imported videos before they are added to my site?
Yes, simply set the imported video status as “Draft“. When an auto import is performed, the site admin will receive an email with a link to preview the imported videos and publish them. This feature is more helpful when you import using a search keyword. So, you can make sure the video content shown in your website is appropriate to your website or business.
3. I have a list of video URLs those should not be imported, can I exclude them from the import?
We always focus more on keeping your site clean. There is an option to add the list of excluded video URLs. This helps you to avoid unwanted video URLs from the import.
4. I already have some YouTube videos added to my website from my channel, what happens when I schedule the plugin to import videos from the same channel?
No worries. The plugin checks for duplicate URLs before adding the videos to your website. So, the YouTube URLs already exists under the Video Gallery / Videos menu will not be imported.
5. Where can I find my imported videos?
You can find the imported videos under Video Gallery / All Videos menu of your WordPress Admin Panel.
You can also find the imported videos by editing the automation source you have scheduled under Video Gallery / Automations menu. There is an “Import Stats” meta-box that shows clear statistics on each import individually by batch.
6. Does the plugin uses CRON?
Yes, the plugin uses WP Cron for the auto import functionality.